This article is available in: French
NVIDIA launched a new version of their DLSS plugin for Unreal Engine. This update supports Unreal Engine 5.2, and will allow you to integrate the latest DLSS 3 improvements into your Unreal Engine projects:
- DLSS Frame Generation (only available for UE 5.2 by default) uses AI rendering to generate new frames and boost performance.
- DLSS Super Resolution, which uses deep learning to upscale a lower-resolution input into a higher-resolution output.
- NVIDIA Reflex, which minimizes input lag by synchronizing the CPU and the GPU.
- DLAA, an AI-based anti-aliasing technology running on the GPU.
- NVIDIA Image Scaling, an open-source spatial upscaler and sharpening algorithm.
The latest version of the plugin updates NVIDIA Reflex and adds Frame Generation support.
Some of these technologies are aimed at real-time applications only, while others could also be useful to animation studios using Unreal Engine as a render engine.
Here is also a DLSS 3 overview published by NVIDIA: