This article is available in: French
Apple has unveiled a teaser trailer for Prehistoric Planet season 2, a documentary series produced by Jon Favreau, Mike Gunton, and the BBC Studios Natural History Unit.
The show will once again be narrated by Sir David Attenborough. Many prehistoric creatures will be featured. Several have already been announced:
- Isisaurus, “an Indian sauropod (long-necked, plant-eating dinosaur) that made their home in an extreme volcanic region known as the Deccan Traps, laying eggs in volcanic heated terrain.”
- Pectinodon, “a fierce hunter and fond parent, this bird-like North American feathered dinosaur was part of the troodontid family. A sharp-clawed, long-legged predator, it was an adaptable hunter, its teeth and jaws suggesting that many sorts of small animals would have been on the menu.”
- Quetzalcoatlus and Hatzegopteryx, “the biggest creatures ever to soar the skies, these gargantuan pterosaurs (prehistoric flying reptiles) were the size of a giraffe or small aircraft and are some of Prehistoric Planets most charismatic characters.”
- Tarchia, “one of the largest Ankylosauri.”
- Some creatures from season 1 will be back, such as The T-Rex.
Other prehistoric creatures have yet to be announced. VFX are created by MPC, based on concept art by Jellyfish Pictures.
Theme by Hans Zimmer and Andrew Christie for Bleeding Fingers Music. Original score by Zimmer, Anže Rozman and Kara Talve for Bleeding Fingers Music.
Prehistoric Planet season 2 will premiere May 22, 2023.